From: David Harel <hareldvd@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound plays in double speed.
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:00:51
1 Thanks for your intensive help.
2
3 My answers below.
4
5 Willie Wong wrote:
6
7 >On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 12:48:38PM +0200, Penguin Lover David Harel squawked:
10 >Okay, a few more questions:
11 > 1) Is that behavior reproducible?
14 Yep
15
16 > a) If you reboot, does the sound play normally?
19 Yep, but I don't have to reboot, I killed the artswrapper the other time
20 (it logged me out) and it was enough to restore audio capabilities.
21
22 > b) After the reboot, if you play that same wma file again, does it
23 > break sound still?
26 Yes, Can't play it at all.
27
28 > 2) Do you run any sound daemons? (ESD, aRts, etc.)
31 artsd
32
33 > 3) By any software tool, did you include aplay? If not, find some
34 > wav file, and run it through aplay. If you don't have wav files
35 > handy, do
36 > sox <soundfile> -t wav - | aplay
37 > use some <soundfile> that is known to be good, not the wma file
38 > the causes problem. If you don't have sox, emerge it.
41 Ok, did that, the speed was still doubled.
42
43 >W
46 BTW, you can get your 3 espresso shots anytime over here. Feel free to come.
49 Thanks.
50
51 David Harel,
52