From: Bruce Burden <brucegb@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 3d rendering with dri radeon
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 16:40:26
1 On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 09:36:05PM +0100, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
2 > Richard Fish wrote:
3 > > On 2/25/06, Bruce Burden <brucegb@××××××××.net> wrote:
4 > > > BoardName "RV350 [MOBILITY RADEON X600]"
5 > >
6 > > The opensource xorg/kernel drivers do not support DRI with this
7 > > chip.
8 >
9 > But they are working on it. If someone wishes to try it out,
10 > upgrade to modular Xorg (7.0), and get the drivers from CVS.
11 > See http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Building.
12 >
13 What the heck, I have nothing to lose, since the
14 fglrx driver hangs xdm and anything else that uses it
15 (glx*), and the current open doesn't support the chip...
16
17 My real issue is that fglrx worked under Suse 9.2,
18 and not under Gentoo. But, no, I am NOT going back. Try
19 installing xfishtank under Suse...
20
21 Bruce
22 --
24 "I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.
25 - Thuganlitha
26 The Power and the Prophet
27 Robert Don Hughes
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list