From: "Mariusz Pękala" <skoot@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with emerge -C packet
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:53:04
1 On 2005-10-21 11:57:12 +0200 (Fri, Oct), Markus Fendt wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm working in a chroot environment
5 >
6 > I want to deinstall a package. So i do emerge -C man (for example)
7 > No Error output.
8 >
9 > Then the binary man is still there on my system?
10
11 On your system ABOVE the chroot - your PRIMARY system - the one you
12 BOOTED into - yes. The binary will still be there, if it was there before you
13 issued that command.
14
15 The unmerge command will remove the package files only from your chrooted
16 directory. I assume you did nothing 'strange' like chrooting into / or
17 binding /var or /bin into your chooted environment... ?
18 :-)
19
20 I hope it's the answer you're looking for.
24 No virus found in this outgoing message.
25 Checked by "grep -i virus $MESSAGE"