From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New monitor problems. < sighs >
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:57:42
1 On 12/15/10 09:40:48, Dale wrote:
2 > Hi again,
3 >
4 > For those mot up to date. I built a new rig that has a Nvidia GT220
5 > card in it. I bought a brand new monitor this morning, a LG W2253,
6 > and
7 > it worked one time. I had to reboot to move some things around and
8 > when
9 > I rebooted, the GUI doesn't come up. The BIOS screen shows up and I
10 > can
11 > see the services start up as well but when it switches to vt7, it
12 > just
13 >
14 > has a little blinking cursor at the top.
15
16 Have you changed the kernel? The nvidia-drivers (as well as the ati-
17 drivers) have to be re-emerged after (nearly) any change to the kernel.
18 Just re-emerge it, unload and reload the corresponding kernel module
19 and try again to startx.
20
21 Helmut.