From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: FYI: Daily / weekly / monthly cron jobs run twice on DST - non-DST transition
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2017 16:56:00
1 On 2017-11-01 10:25, Marc Joliet wrote:
2
3 > It's nice that anacron apparently sucks, but what about fcron and
4 > cronie? I've always wondered why people who need these features don't
5 > just one of those. Is there any reason not to?
6 >
7 > (FTR: I used fcron for several years before migrating to systemd
8 > timers specifically because of its support for running missed jobs.)
9
10 I actually run cronie, and AFAICT it has no built-in anacron-like
11 offline schedule support, claims in the Handbook/wiki notwithstanding.
12 The writer of those claims may have been misled by run-crons :-)
15 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
16 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
17 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet, fetch the TXT record for the domain.