From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] revdep-rebuild question
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 22:33:03
1 On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Hartmut Figge <h.figge@×××.de> wrote:
4 >> Greetings,
5 >>
6 >> after the emerge -uDN world of today i proceeded with revdep-rebuild
7 >> which found nothing to to. But i noticed, that the emerge recommended to
8 >> execute revdep-rebuild --library='libosp.so.*'. Doing this two packages
9 >> were found and emerged.
10 >>
11 >> Now, shouldn't these have been found already by the previous revdep-rebuild?
12 >
13 > I believe --library rebuilds everything that uses that library, not
14 > broken packages.
15
16 To test my theory you can run the command again and see if it finds
17 the same 2 packages again. :)