From: "Håkon Alstadheim" <hakon@×××××××××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postfix problem
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 00:54:27
1 James Homuth wrote:
2 > At 06:58 AM 29/01/2008, you wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> I have problem with postfix. I just want to send email to other mail
6 >> server from my new postfix/courier server. Every time I write address
7 >> different then local server (postfix) returns info "5.7.1 (some
8 >> address): Relay access denied". What should I do? I don't know is it
9 >> forwarding or relaying. What is wrong?
10 > Sounds like there's a problem in the way you have postfix configured.
11 > Namely, you didn't configure $mydomain, $mydestination, and
12 > $mynetworks. Either that, or one or all of them are misconfigured.
13 > http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html
14 ... and once those are ok, you need to have a "permit_mynetworks" BEFORE
15 the "reject_unauth_destination" (you definitely want that last one in
16 there).
17
18 The "postconf" command is a good way to get the actual values that are
19 in effect. Run "postconf | less" and search for reject_unauth_destination.
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list