From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] black screen on boot when udevevents are processed
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 18:24:06
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm getting a black screen during booting, with the last message I can
4 see being that udevevents are being processed.
5
6 This happens with an NVIDIA GTX770 connected to a 4k display via a
7 display port cable, and only when the monitor is configured to use
8 display port 1.2 rather than 1.1. With 1.1, I can get only 30Hz refresh
9 rate, so I want to use 1.2, which should allow 60.
10
11 Installed are nvidia-drivers 343.36.
12
13 Do I need a very special display port cable for this, or what might the
14 issue? Both the graphics card and the monitor should be able to do the
15 full resolution at 60Hz just fine.
16
17 Is the nvidia module loaded just at the point when the message about
18 processing udevevents is shown? I suspect that the display goes black
19 when the module is loaded.
20
21 When the screen goes black, I can still log in, blindly, after booting
22 and do a shutdown or reboot, so apparently everything is working except
23 only having a black screen.
27 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
28 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.