From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Through the looking glass: Reflections on Gentoo
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 23:28:00
1 b.n. wrote:
2 > As a user -not a dev, both because I have not the required knowledge
3 > nor the sparing time- these are my answers:
4 >
5 > < snip >
6 >> These removals even went outside the ranks of developers - the
7 >> hostile
8 >> takeover of some IRC channels has caused unneeded tension between
9 >> groups that
10 >> should cooperate. It is a sad day when the appearance of a gentoo
11 >> developer
12 >> may be the first sign that your channel will now be censored and people
13 >> removed that have dissenting opinions.
14 >
15 > I don't know nothing about this, nor I care about inner fights between
16 > you all. What I care about are sane code, a stable and up-to-date
17 > system, and clever planning. I don't mind if you're doing it by biting
18 > each other to death in a thunderdome or if you are all holding your
19 > hands beneath a rainbow.
20 >
21 > Not because I'm cynic. Because I can do *plain nothing* to avoid this
22 > -I'm not a dev, nor I can be in the near future. So what? Post this to
23 > the devel mailing list.
24
25 He did post this to the dev list. He posted it there first, well, I got
26 it there first. I guess he could have sent it to both at the same time.
27 > < snip >
28 > Me too, but I'm really unsure you're really helping.
29 >
30 > m.
31
32 Dale