From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE="mmx mmxext sse sse2 ssse3 3dnow 3dnowext"
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 22:26:40
1 KH schrieb:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > so I temporarily disable all USE flags in my make.conf by adding the "#"
5 > to the line. Some with package.use.
6 > The I run :
7 >
8 > USE="cpudetection" emerge -pv mplayer
13 > Is this a valid way of approache?
16 From Stroller:
17
18 Apparently not!
19
20 I rebuilt using that flag & received this message:
21
22 * You've enabled the cpudetection flag. This feature is
23 * included mainly for people who want to use the same
24 * binary on another system with a different CPU architecture.
25 * MPlayer will already detect your CPU settings by default at
26 * buildtime; this flag is used for runtime detection.
27 * You won't need this turned on if you are only building
28 * mplayer for this system. Also, if your compile fails, try
29 * disabling this use flag.
30
31 I think this speaks for itself.
32
33 Stroller.
38 So to answer my own question: It looks like it isn't the correct approache.
39
40 kh