From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] splash and kerne panic
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 06:04:44
1 John Dangler schreef:
4 > After emerging splashutils and doing -
5 >
6 > splash_geninitramfs -v -g /boot/fbsplash-livecd-2005.1-1024x768 -r
7 > 1024x768 livecd-2005.1 && rc-update add splash default
11 > a reboot of the system produces –
12 >
13 > Kernel panic – not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
14 > unknown-block(1,0)
18 > Any input is appreciated. Everything else in the basic install is
19 > running great!
23 > John D
26 I get a kernel panic when trying to use the livecd theme (any of them)
27 as a silent splash, using it as a verbose splash gives another error,
28 iirc (you still can't boot, though, as now that I think about it, it's
29 because there's no 8bb picture found or something).
30
31 The only splash theme that seems to work correctly, ime, is emergence.
32 That seems to work in either silent (no progressbar, though), or verbose
33 (which is how I use it).
34
35 Sorry if emergence isn't your fave (it's not mine, but I haven't had the
36 time to either hack the livecd theme or convert some bootsplash theme
37 into working).
38
39 HTH,
40 Holly