From: Ricardo Bevilacqua <rus.spes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem mounting cdrom,cdrw,usb
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:19:14
1 2008/6/30 Norman Hakim <desprado_mariachi@×××××.com>:
2 > Cristian Gary,
3 > i've grouped it into plugdev.
4 >
5 > Richard,
6 >
7 > After i type this command "/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto noauto,ro,user 0 0" it shows:
8 >
9 > bash: /dev/cdrom: Permission denied
10
11 Actually, the line
12
13 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto noauto,ro,user 0 0
14
15 is what you need to add to "/etc/fstab" to get your cdrom working.
16 Sorry if I did not express myself correctly.
19 > i've login using root account. i've right clicked at the cdrom to see the properties and under Permissions tab the Owner column stated unknown and i tried to change the Access column to Read and Write it popup "The permisions could not be changed"
22 Well, you can not change permissions to read and write, because the
23 cdrom is a read-only media. Yes, I know you are able to burn a CD or a
24 DVD, but it is not considered as writable media and it is mounted as a
25 read-only file system.
26
27 Just try by adding that line to your fstab, and if that does not work,
28 then try to mount it manually as Eduardo Otubo says:
29
30 # mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
31
32 And post the output here.