From: Marco Matthies <marco-ml@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Subversion 1.2
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 23:15:28
1 Steve [Gentoo] wrote:
2 > Hmmm - that all sounds sane, but what is this default period of time?
3 > What criteria must be met in order for a masked package (and
4 > specifically for Subversion) to become unmasked?
5
6 I *think* it is something along the lines of "30 days without a bug",
7 not 100% sure though.
8
9 >> Here, i just did it myself by putting this in my package.keywords
10 >> (create this file if it doesn't exist) :
11 >>
12 >> =dev-util/subversion-1.2.1 ~x86
13 >> =dev-libs/apr-util-0.9.5 ~x86
14 >> =dev-libs/apr-0.9.5 ~x86
17 > In one way this looks better than my fiddling with USE - however I'm
18 > reluctant to choose specific versions in a durable configuration file.
19 > Ideally I'd like to follow the natural upgrade cycle in future.
20 > Wouldn't putting those lines in my package.keywords file prevent me
21 > getting, say, version 1.3 automatically when I do an "emerge -uD world"
22 > in another few months?
23
24 the line:
25 =dev-util/subversion-1.2.1 ~x86
26 means that you tell portage that you'll accept subversion, version 1.2.1
27 exactly, with a keyword of '~x86'. You can use '>=' instead of '=',
28 which means any version equal or greater than 1.2.1.
29 the two following lines were the two dependencies i found by trying
30 'emerge -uD subversion'.
31
32 once 1.3 or any version higher than 1.2.1 becomes stable (marked 'x86'),
33 it will be considered by portage as well and will be merged.
34
35 Hope that helps,
36
37 Marco