From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: mp3/stream player?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 15:05:26
1 On 2009-07-20, meino.cramer@×××.de <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 > I am looking for a mp3 and stream player (playing mp3 streams
4 > and m3u directly) as a standalone player and for combination
5 > with streamtuner.
6
7 After futzing around with various other programs over the
8 years, I finally settled on mplayer for both local mp3/m3u and
9 for streams.
10
11 > Ideal would be a player which itsself can scan for internet
12 > radio stations, tune in, play and record in different files as
13 > streamripper so I can skip streamtuner.
14
15 Can you explain what "scan for internet radio stations" means?
16 Do you want to iterate through all possible IP addresses, port
17 numbers and stream types until you find something?
18
19 > Is there anything aout there, which is still be developped,
20 > non-bloated and stable, which I could give a try?
21
22 mplayer is certainly non-bloated and stable.
25 Grant Edwards grante Yow! I wonder if there's
26 at anything GOOD on tonight?
27 visi.com