From: Nick Khamis <symack@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Real qucik question - Copying over kernel configuration for same machines
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 11:38:41
1 Thank you!!!
2
3 On 5/12/13, staticsafe <me@××××××××××.ca> wrote:
4 > On 5/11/2013 20:39, Nick Khamis wrote:
5 >> Hello Everyone,
6 >>
7 >> Just running an installation on another IBM machine, and wanted to know
8 >> which kernel config files can we copy over from one machine to another,
9 >> and have the same exact modules etc copied over.
10 >> Saw examples for genkern, but we build our own kernels. After copying the
11 >> files over we like to run make and make modules_install on the new
12 >> machine.
15 >> Thanks in Advance,
16 >>
17 >> Nick.
20 > The .config in the kernel source directory.
21 >
22 > --
23 > staticsafe
24 > O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org
25 > Please don't top post - http://goo.gl/YrmAb
26 > Don't CC me! I'm subscribed to whatever list I just posted on.