From: "Jan Stępień" <jan@×××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome, KDE applications and diacritical characters
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:15:30
1 Benno Schulenberg napisał(a):
2 > Jan Stępień wrote:
3 >> In my
4 >> USE flag "unicode" is disabled. I'm using ISO-8859-2 encoding.
5 > Why not use Unicode? The mail you sent uses UTF-8, why not use that
6 > everywhere?
7
8 When posting to international groups I try to use to use UTF-8 to make
9 it accessible for everyone. However, over here in Poland most of my
10 friends and colleagues use ISO-8859-2 and it's easier for us to use the
11 same encoding. And last but not the least, I don't believe that KDE
12 running in Polish has to use UTF-8.
13
14 Regards,
15 Jan Stępień