From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [HEADSUP] libreoffice versus bison-2.5
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 16:57:45
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 14:46 on Wednesday 25 May 2011, Indi did opine
2 thusly:
3
4 > For people already running kde it's ok, but for the rest of us
5 > it's a bit ridiculous, isn't it?
6 > I used to use a few "k" apps in the 3 days, they were small and
7 > easily integrated into the system. Now kde is like it's own OS,
8 > so they've basically eliminated their apps from consideration of
9 > non-kde users.
10 >
11 > Not that it matters much to me, one of the strengths of gentoo
12 > is how many ways there are to do a given task.
13 > But there are quite a few kde zealots who seem to be completely
14 > unaware of what we mean by "fast, light, standalone".
15 >
16 > I guess some people didn't experience the 80s or 90s.
17 >
18 > :)
19
20 It doesn't make sense running koffice without also running KDE, it's a hard
21 requirement.
22
23 And not only did I experience the 80s and 90s, but the 70s as well.
24
25 So now that you have defined what fast, light, standalone means by your
26 current needs, it is obvious that no such package exists and hence there is a
27 gap in the market.
28
29 Now we know what your next project will be.
33 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com