From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Running out of space on /var partition
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 21:51:19
1 walt wrote:
2 >
3 > Oops, I got it completely wrong, then. Amongst hardware geeks there is
4 > an old (maybe obsolete?) expression "it's time for the smoke-test!" which
5 > means: plug it in and turn it on -- and then note carefully where the
6 > plume of smoke is coming from :)
7 >
8 > You're obviously too young to remember those days....
12 Nope. Not only do I remember them but I have done that many many
13 times. I used to build pump controllers for my water system here. It
14 had two pumps and some sensors to keep a tank full. If I had just one
15 wire out of place, I get to start over. . . . after the stink goes away
16 of course.
17
18 Dale
19