From: "Matt Connell (Gmail)" <matthewdconnell@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rootless X without elogind
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 20:16:44
1 On Wed, 2022-02-16 at 20:05 +0100, Björn Fischer wrote:
2 > But I did not want to bloat my system with
3 > elogind (not to mention systemd)
4
5 For the sake of the argument, elogind is a standalone package. systemd
6 provides 'logind'. I run all my systems without systemd with lightdm
7 as a display manager happily.
8
9 > I created a small PAM module "pam_tty.so", which simply chowns the
10 > corresponding /dev/ttyN on a successful login on a virtual console.
11 > All other privileges can be granted by Unix groups.
12
13 A novel solution. Without reviewing the code, I like the idea.