From: Pavel Volkov <sailor@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Adobe Flash replacement ?
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 20:26:06
1 On четверг, 22 октября 2015 г. 22:38:50 MSK, Marc Joliet wrote:
2 > I tried that a good while ago, but at the time I had no luck.
3 > However, that
4 > was a few years ago.
5 >
6 > Personally, I actually uninstalled adobe-flash almost exactly
7 > two weeks and 2
8 > hours ago :-) . I haven't really missed it, and youtube-dl (well, mpv's
9 > built-in youtube-dl support) helps with the few sites that
10 > still don't support
11 > HTML5 video. I practically never encounter any other type of
12 > flash content.
13 > (I consciously decided that I don't care about flash games, so they don't
14 > count.)
15
16 I also tried Lightspark several times, I wouldn't consider it ready to use.
17 As for Flash content, I ocasionally come across it: speedtest.net for
18 example or many Japanese websites...
19 I run Flash content in Chromium which has its own plugin for it (installed
20 with package www-plugins/chrome-binary-plugins).