From: Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Handbrake: Is it is or is it ain't in portage
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 15:14:13
1 On 08/15/2010 08:02 PM, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > My underling thing, if anyone can make other suggestions, is that my
3 > camera broke, and I had to get
4 > one in a hurry, and didn't really know what to look for. I wound up
5 > with a fairly good Sanyo 1080p camera
6 > and video recorder that's super light, and not too expensive. The
7 > problem is that its videos are MP4s,
8 > which are definitely not ready to put on a web site, and I know nothing
9 > about transcoding. My previous
10 > camera took acceptable .avi videos, which had worked with most folks
11 > browsers. The MP4s are huge
12 > and in a weakly supported format.
13 >
14 > I'm somewhere on the learning curve, obviously, but having trouble
15 > getting coherent advice.
16
17 I know several big-brained video geeks and most of them just use
18 mplayer's mencoder app to do their transcoding. Or they write their own
19 code. Your choice.