From: Paul Melvin <paul@×××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Sudo config
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:58:28
1 HI,
5 I have been using ubuntu for a while and have come to like sudo.
9 Now I am moving over to gentoo and would like to set this up as for me it is
10 far more convenient to just type sudo rather than the su business.
14 However when I emerge sudo, install and run it the following comes up with:
18 We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System
19
20 Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:
24 #1) Respect the privacy of others.
25
26 #2) Think before you type.
27
28 #3) With great power comes great responsibility.
32 Password:
36 Which is all very good but I don't really want to see it every time, I have
37 searched on how to remove it but have found nothing, I did download sudo tar
38 and do a grep and found it in one of the c files but as I am not a
39 programmer I don't know if I can simply remove this or not.
43 How can I, when I sudo,:
47 1.get rid of all the text
48
49 2.change the password line to something, dare I say it, like ubuntu, e.g.
50 [sudo] password for paul, I assume paul is just a $USER
54 Cheers
58 paul