From: Paul Melvin <paul@×××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Sudo config
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:58:28
HI,

I have been using ubuntu for a while and have come to like sudo.

Now I am moving over to gentoo and would like to set this up as for me it is
far more convenient to just type sudo rather than the su business.

However when I emerge sudo, install and run it the following comes up with:

We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System

Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:

    #1) Respect the privacy of others.

    #2) Think before you type.

    #3) With great power comes great responsibility.

Password:

Which is all very good but I don't really want to see it every time, I have
searched on how to remove it but have found nothing, I did download sudo tar
and do a grep and found it in one of the c files but as I am not a
programmer I don't know if I can simply remove this or not.

How can I, when I sudo,:

1.get rid of all the text

2.change the password line to something, dare I say it, like ubuntu, e.g.
[sudo] password for paul, I assume paul is just a $USER

Cheers

paul