From: Daniel Troeder <daniel@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Native 32 and 64-bit linux Flash 10 Preview Release available
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 14:46:33
1 On 09/19/2010 08:05 AM, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > This is of interest to those of us running old versions of Flash,
3 > especially on 64-bit installs without 32-bit support (looks in
4 > mirror<g>).
5 >
6 > Download site is http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html
7 > To find out where to install, go to "about:plugins" in Firefox, and see
8 > where your current version of libflashplayer.so is installed. In my
9 > case it's /opt/Adobe/flash-player/libflashplayer.so
10 >
11 > To install...
12 >
13 > * for 64-bit version download the file http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/flashplayer_square_p1_64bit_linux_091510.tar.gz
14 >
15 > * for 32-bit version download the file http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/flashplayer_square_p1_32bit_linux_091510.tar.gz
16 >
17 > * exit Firefox
18 >
19 > * mv your current copy of libflashplayer.so to another directory as a
20 > backup, in case the new one doesn't work for you
21 >
22 > * extract libflashplayer.so from the downloaded tar.gz into the
23 > directory which you removed libflashplayer.so from.
24 >
25 > * fire up Firefox, and away you go
26 >
27 > * note that when the release version comes out, you'll need to manually
28 > remove the Preview Release libflashplayer.so
29 >
30 > Good news
31 > =========
32 > It works for me, so far. I've tried live365.com, both via my paid
33 > account and via the free (with commercials) option. It works. So does
34 > Youtube.
35 >
36 > Bad news
37 > ========
38 > It's more painfull building up a collection of flv videos. The old
39 > version used to copy Youtube videos/songs/whatever into /tmp with a
40 > filename beginning with "Flash". It would get wiped each time you
41 > played a new video/whatever. But you could always move it out to
42 > another place before playing the next video. Rename the file to
43 > <something>.flv and mplayer plays it beautifully. Nice way to build up
44 > a collection.
45 >
46 > The new version dumps it in the "Cache" directory of whatever Firefox
47 > profile I'm using. You have to cd to the "Cache" subdirectory, and
48 > execute...
49 >
50 > file * | grep Macro
51 >
52 > and you'll get a list of all "Macromedia Flash" files in the directory.
53 > One of them is the most recent Flash file you played on Youtube. You
54 > have to do some digging. Again, copy it to another file elsewhere to
55 > keep a copy.
56 >
57 I have not tried the new version, but this should still work:
58 the flash-process has a file-open-link in /proc/<PID>/fd/
59 The /tmp/Flashxxxxxx file was symlinked there. So now the filename and
60 path are different, but you can probably still find it like that faster
61 (at least as long as the flv is open by the plugin :)
62
63 Bye,
64 Daniel
67 PGP key @ http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de/pks/lookup?search=0xBB9D4887&op=get
68 # gpg --recv-keys --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net 0xBB9D4887