From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo, new computer, still a bit confused
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 16:15:16
1 On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 14:46:25 -0400, Mike Edenfield wrote:
2
3 > > What would you have done if the hard drive had failed?
4 > >
5 > > I always image the windows disk and then wipe it, but I'm aware that
6 > > this is not completely reliable. some failures make restoration
7 > > impossible.
8 >
9 > If the hard drive failed to the point that I couldn't
10 > restore it to factory defaults I suspect they would have a
11 > hard time telling if I was running Windows or not :)
12
13 In that case, true. But there are other failures that would not affect
14 the hard drive directly but would prevent you restoring it (without
15 removing the drive which may invalidate the warranty).
16
17 I'm not saying don't do it, I do it myself, but it is not a certain way
18 of avoiding warranty problems.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 How do I set my laser printer to stun?