From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2006.1 install on AMD k-6 ?
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 13:58:14
1 On 9/6/06, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > What's the best install CD to use to get this k6-200MHz machine installed?
5 > It will not be running X so maybe an older minimal CD is more friendly to
6 > old
7 > amd K6? maybe the x86 2006.1 liveCD is not the best choice?
8 >
9 > Suggestions are most welcome.
12 > James
16 I have something that may be of help. I did a similar install on a K6-2
17 500mhz machine and the 2006.x livecds would not work, it would hang at the
18 same point. Fortunately I had some older Gentoo install discs and looked
19 through them until I found one that worked: 2004.1 r3 I think. I'll have
20 to look when I get home. I did some quick searches and couldn't find any
21 ISOs for that disc, so I can make an ISO from the disc (I think it's a
22 minimal install cd) and get it to you somehow.
26 - Mark Shields