From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia optimus no signal on external monitor
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 18:48:49
1 On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 7:56 AM, du yang <duyang.seu@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I've managed to get optimus works on my PC with nvidia property
7 > driver. But I got into an issue when trying to extend my screen to an
8 > external monitor by using Xrandr.
9 > There is no signal in the external monitor but the screen do extended,
10 > as mouse and window can be moved outside the visiable screen.
11 >
12 > There are 2 output connected, LVDS-0 & VGA-0.
13 > The xrandr command used:
14 > # xrandr --output VGA-0 --pos 1366x0 --auto
15 > And also tried (doesn't work),
16 > # xrandr --output VGA-0 --auto --left-of LVDS-0
17 >
18 > This one works but both monitors showing with the screen,
19 > # xrandr --output VGA-0 --auto --same-as LVDS-0
20 >
21 > Any suggestion please?
25 Since you're using the proprietary driver, have you tried using the
26 nvidia-settings configuration program to set up the second monitor?
31 > Thanks,
32 >
33 > PS. And also attach my /etc/X11/xorg.conf here,
34 > Section "Module"
35 > Load "glx"
36 > EndSection
37 >