From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new machine : suddenly Python 3 appears
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 00:48:21
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > We've been warned not to use Python 3 , so it's not installed in this box,
3 > but it was included along with Python 2 in the Stage3 for the new machine.
4 > I now find that 13 pkgs have been compiled relying on it
5 > & Portage refuses to unmerge it. Is this safe ?
9 If you want to get rid of python3, you need to put -python3 in your
10 make.conf and then do a emerge -Na world to rebuild. That should
11 rebuild everything that was built against python3 then you can unemerge
12 it and emerge shouldn't complain either. If it does, you need to make
13 sure why before removing it.
14
15 Hope that helps.
16
17 Dale
18
22 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!