From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What does emerge status R mean?
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 09:23:45
1 On Sun, 16 May 2021 11:11:54 +0200, n952162 wrote:
2
3 > > My guess is that one of the USE flags changed.  Compare which USE
4 > > flags is it currently installed with and which it wants for the
5 > > reinstall.  It might even be that a USE flag changed in the ebuild,
6 > > even if it won't actually change what gets installed. (--changed-use
7 > > vs --new-use)
8 > >
9 > There are no use flags defined for any of the packages I did a random
10 > check for, either on the server or the client.  I am worried that it is
11 > as you say: that the ebuild has a change of USE flags, which, of course,
12 > has nothing to do with me, the user.
13
14 As already stated, any USE flag changes would appear in the emerge
15 output, this is most likely caused by --changed-deps. Try with
16 --changed-use but without --changed-deps to see.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Dance like no-one's watching. / Encrypt like everyone is.