From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LiveCD installation not recognizing megaraid RAID set
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:07:37
1 On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:45:28 +0800, Ho-Ki Au wrote:
2
3 > I was trying to put gentoo on a dell poweredge 1950 quadcore xeon
4 > machine with three disks connected to a lsi PERC 5/i raid controller.
5 > In the BIOS settings, all three disks were added to the controller for
6 > a RAID5 set up. When I boot from LiveCD (2008 version with 2.6.24-r5
7 > kernel) with dmraid='-ay' option, it came up not recognizing the RAID
8 > set,
9
10 dmraid is for software RAID. If you have a hardware RAID controller,
11 you should just see the single device presented by the controller, not the
12 three individual disks.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 If the pen is mightier than the sword, and a picture is worth a thousand
19 words, how dangerous is a fax?