From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why is writing to an async-mounted USB disk so slow?
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 15:40:49
1 On Saturday, 2 November 2019 15:15:31 GMT n952162 wrote:
2 > I'm getting 13k bps writing to a Toshiba 3T drive over a USB/Sata
3 > connection. It' take 33 hours to transfer a 200meg file.
4 >
5 > I mounted it async but then see that ext4 ignores the async option on
6 > mounts.
7 >
8 > What am I doing wrong?
9
10 Probably nothing, other than using a faulty port/cable and/or faulty drive.
11 Have a look at dmesg and syslog for I/O errors.
12
13 Have you tried a different port and different USB cable? Unless it is an
14 eSATA, in which case you will need an eSATA port/cable.
17 Regards,
18 Mick