From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Binary install distro
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 15:54:40
1 On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 7:41 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 > I have noticed the same points you found.  I set up the user "cutie" during
4 > the install.  I logged in as cutie then did sudo su -.  That got me to root
5 > user.  Yeppie ! Then I did passwd and typed in a root password.  After that,
6 > I could login as root.  I don't like not having the root password set.
7 >
8 > I don't use sudo on my rig so it sort of annoys me.  ;-)   I guess we have
9 > that in common.  lol
10 >
11 > The update tool is GUI.  That's why I think he can do that himself.  A lot
12 > like winders in a way.  Heck, if this works well and that intfs thingy gets
13 > on my nerves, may use it myself.  :-(   I may have found my next distro.
14 >  I'm not leaving yet.  I'm going to give the inity thingy a shot, maybe two.
15 >  After that, kill shot.
16 >
17 > Dale
18
19 Yeah, I was pretty sure it must work normally if you either know what
20 to do or take the time to go learn. In my case I was essentially
21 deciding whether to bother with this really slow Mac Mini that I had
22 almost never used since I bought it (my worst PC purchase in 30 years)
23 or to essentially throw the thing away. In the end I opted for the
24 virtual trash can.
25
26 - Mark