From: "John J. Foster" <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Seeking recommdations for multi-card reader.
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 01:58:04
1 Good evening all. My San Disk ImageMate dual reader said goodbye to our
2 family today. She should have left a few months ago.
3
4 So, what I'm searching for is a replacement reader. I saw some good
5 reviews for ImageMate® 8-in-1 Reader/Writer. I don't really need all
6 eight, but so what. What I'd really like, though, is the ability plug
7 and unplug cards while the reader remains attached via usb2 or firewire.
8 My old San Disk gave me problems for years. Sometimes no connection.
9 Sometimes inserted card could be any of sdb[1-15]. Udev helped with this
10 a little, but basically the reader was a POS (for you wtf users). I'm
11 looking for something that will react the same every time.
12
13 Any recommendations?
14
15 Boy - I just read this over, and the fact that I've been up close to 30
16 hours has severely affected my grammar. Apologies.
17
18 Thanks,
19 John
20 --
21 The revolution will not be televised.
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list