From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: audio with TV crd [solved]
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 00:24:34
1 On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:10:42 +0100
2 Uwe Thiem wrote:
3
4 > On 26 July 2006 00:54, Nick Rout wrote:
5 >
6 > > There is a current "scratchy" noise problem with PVR-150 drivers.
7 > >
8 > > AFTER you have started playing/recording the stream execute
9 > >
10 > > ivtvctl -qX
11 > >
12 > > where X is the audio input you are using. This fixes it for me and a
13 > > number of other mythtv users. Some have even set up a cron script to
14 > > execute that command every 10 seconds.
15 >
16 > I'll try that, weird as it is. ;-)
17 >
18 > > >
19 > > To get as close as possible to a DVD compatible stream use
20 > >
21 > > ivtvctl -c stream_type=X where X is the stream type you want from :
22 > >
23 > > /* Stream types */
24 > > #define IVTV_STREAM_PS 0
25 > > #define IVTV_STREAM_TS 1
26 > > #define IVTV_STREAM_MPEG1 2
27 > > #define IVTV_STREAM_PES_AV 3
28 > > #define IVTV_STREAM_PES_V 5
29 > > #define IVTV_STREAM_PES_A 7
30 > > #define IVTV_STREAM_DVD 10
31 > > #define IVTV_STREAM_VCD 11
32 > > #define IVTV_STREAM_SVCD 12
33 > > #define IVTV_STREAM_DVD_S1 13
34 > > #define IVTV_STREAM_DVD_S2 14
35 > >
36 > > I cannot for the life of me remember whether you want 10,13 or 14.
37 >
38 > Interesting. is there actually any comprehensive documentation about ivtv? I
39 > only found scratches and pieces.
40 >
41 > Uwe
42
43 Only what comes with it I think. The doc directory in the source is
44 worth a look.
45
46 This is also worth a look: http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Main_Page
47
48 The driver has been in such a rapid state of development that any
49 documentation would quickly be out of date. It is considerably more
50 mature lately.
51
52 The mythtv mailing list archives are also a very good source of
53 knowledge. I would say that a very big percentage of people using these
54 cards under linux do so in a mythtv box. The archives are very good and
55 appear here:
56
57 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/
58
59 simply running
60
61 ivtvctl | less gives you a good idea of what you can control.
65 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
68 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list