From: Facundo Curti <facu.curti@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Making XEN functional
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 10:54:00
1 Hi list! :) First at all, I apologize if my english is not perfect,
2 I know i'm not the only non-english speak on list, but I apologize any
3 way jeje :P
4
5 I'm trying to install XEN for first time on my gentoo desktop machine.
6 my hardware specs to take into consideration are:
7 i7 proccessor - 4GB ram
8 SDD disk parted using GPT
9 EFI mother. But also supports boot like BIOS.
10
11 I'm following the guide from wiki for firsts steeps [1], but having in
12 consideration the xen doc [2] and arch wiki [3].
13
14 The question is that I'm having 2 problems :/
15
16 First: I installed xen, and xen-tools. But I don't know why now I cant
17 recompile xen-tools ._. The output is [tmp1]. I just can see a "econf
18 failed", but I cant find how to fix it. My
19 emerge --info '=app-emulation/xen-tools-4.3.1-r5::gentoo' is [tmp2]
20 emerge -pqv '=app-emulation/xen-tools-4.3.1-r5::gentoo' is [tmp3]
21 /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/xen-tools-4.3.1-r5/temp/build.log [tmp4]
22 /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/xen-tools-4.3.1-r5/temp/environment[tmp5]
23
24 But really, this is my minor problem :/ XEN does not work at all :P
25
26 I re-emerged all my system with emerge -e world, compiled my kernel,
27 and configured grub. The system looks like starts with XEN. (When I
28 boot the system, shows something about XEN that I cant read, and next
29 starts loading the kernel).
30
31 Once in the system, I try to make a xm list, xm show and also I try to
32 execute xend from a console. But every one says:
33
34 Traceback (most recent call last):
35 File "/usr/sbin/xend", line 36, in <module>
36 from xen.xend.server import SrvDaemon
37 ImportError: No module named xen.xend.server
38
39 Looks like XEN can't find the modules, but I cant find where XEN stores
40 it :/ I made a
41 find / xen.xend
42
43 and this give me 0 results. maybe this wasn't installed?
44
45 My .config from kernel is [configKernel] and my [grub.cfg]
46
47 I don't know what more info I can post, anything you need, ask me ;)
48
49 I hope somebody could help me please. Thank you for read! :)
50
51 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Xen
52 [2] http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Beginners_Guide
53 [3] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xen