From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Emergency shutdown, how to?
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 22:14:12
1 On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 14:05:42 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 > > I tried ALT + SysRq + EISUB today on my MythTV backend server which
5 > > has been crashing lately. Unfortunately it's crashing so badly that
6 > > even at the server's keyboard this didn't work.
7 >
8 > Do you have CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ=y in your kernel config?
11 > --
12 > Neil Bothwick
13
14 No Neil, it turns out on that one machine is isn't set. Thanks. I'll
15 make sure it's set on the new server.
16
17 Cheers,
18 Mark
19 --