From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo overlays
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 19:52:31
1 On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 20:24:23 +0100, Bertram Scharpf wrote:
2
3 > > hello, does anybody know if it is possible to make portage ignore an
4 > > overlay for a single package, or if it is possible to install a
5 > > package from a single overlay that i choose ?
6 >
7 > Do you want to mention it in `/etc/portage/package.mask'?
8
9 That will cause it to be ignored when the same version reaches portage.
10
11 One way to pick individual packages from overlays is to copy them to your
12 own overlay.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 The Borg assimilated my race & all I got was this T shirt.