From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cdrom: open failed
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:25:56
1 Carl Flippin schreef:
2 > I've recently done an install based loosely on the 1/3 method but
3 > using 2005.1 as the base. Everything works fine except for an error
4 > message which I get on bootup. Every time I boot, I get the message:
5 >
6 > cdrom: open failed
7 > cdrom: open failed
8
9 I always assumed that this message (which I have also seen on occasion)
10 is because
11
12 1) udev or /etc/fstab is attempting to mount the detected device
13 (normal), and
14
15 2) there is no media in the drive (since a removeable drive can't be
16 read to be mounted if there's no media present).
17
18 So I never thought there was anything to worry about in such a message.
19 Was I wrong?
20
21 Holly
22 --