From: Andrew Wilkinson <drukargin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] USB 3 HD worked, then quit?
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:01:32
I have an external USB3 hard drive that use for backup purposes.  This
morning everything worked fine, until suddenly the computer froze completely
and was non-responsive to local or remote commands.   After I hit the reset
button and it come back up, the HD no longer connects via xhci (though it
works fine via ehci).  I recompiled my kernel with xhci debug messages, but
I really don't have a clue what this stuff is talking about.

I've attached the output of dmesg | grep -i xhci.  If anyone can make more
sense of this than I can, I'd surely appreciate it.

Thanks!

-Andy

dmesg-xhci_hcd.log application/octet-stream