From: Andrew Wilkinson <drukargin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] USB 3 HD worked, then quit?
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:01:32
1 I have an external USB3 hard drive that use for backup purposes. This
2 morning everything worked fine, until suddenly the computer froze completely
3 and was non-responsive to local or remote commands. After I hit the reset
4 button and it come back up, the HD no longer connects via xhci (though it
5 works fine via ehci). I recompiled my kernel with xhci debug messages, but
6 I really don't have a clue what this stuff is talking about.
7
8 I've attached the output of dmesg | grep -i xhci. If anyone can make more
9 sense of this than I can, I'd surely appreciate it.
10
11 Thanks!
12
13 -Andy

dmesg-xhci_hcd.log application/octet-stream