From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] High-pitched sound from inside the PC when opening menus
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 14:02:33
1 This is a question that is off topic of course, but I'm not sure *where*
2 it would be on-topic. Considering that Gentoo users are also often
3 so-called "enthusiasts", I'll drop the question here ;)
4
5 In KDE (3), when enabling the "fade" effect for menus, clicking on a
6 menu results in a faint, high-pitched tone coming from somewhere inside
7 the PC case. The tone lasts for the duration of the fade effect (should
8 about 0.2 seconds). This is happening on more than one machines. You
9 have to listen carefully to make out the sound, but it's there.
10
11 So the question is simple: where does the sound come from and why?