From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Resetting USB flash
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 18:45:51
1 Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:
2
3 > Is there some cryptic hdparm command I could run on it to reset it? I mean,
4 > it's bricked as is anyway, so it can't get *much* worse.
7 Try putting it on a windows system and delete what you can.
8 Then try various tools to mount or reformat the usb stick.
9
10 I've had a few and I just had to hack at them for a while.
11
12 It helps if you can remember/determine, how the drive was set up.
13 Fat? Fat32? NTFS? ext3?
14
15 then test with appropriate tools
16
17 parted may work, or tell you something about the stick.
18
19 hth,
20 James