From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] firewall make.conf settings
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:00:23
1 Hello,
2
3 I keep driving to make the size of the (gentoo) firewall as small(fast) as
4 posible to run on minimal resources. I have a mixture of old pentiums and
5 amd (k6) machines. I'd like to have one make.conf file for all the systems.
6
7 Anybody see anything wrong (not optimized) with these settings?
10 CFLAGS="-Os -march=i586 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
11 CHOST="i586-pc-linux-gnu"
12 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
13 MAKEOPTS="-j2"
14 USE=" -* hardened acl ssl crypt nptl nptlonly"
15
16 Will -march=i586 work well with the amd k6 arch?
17 -fomit-frame-pointer (as no debugging wil)l occur on said machines)
20 Any comments on the USE flags? (a better way to minimize the installed
21 packages (which is vim and iptables and sshd)
25 James
28 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list