From: Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: USE ruby_targets_ruby20
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 15:45:26
1 On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:15 PM, Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o> wrote:
2 > False. These packages should already have this use flag set by default in
3 > a vanilla Gentoo setup. Perhaps you masked something related to ruby
4 > already?
5
6 Hans,
7
8 You are correct.
9
10 A year ago I added RUBY_TARGETS="ruby18 ruby19" to my make.conf in
11 order to get my system to build. Today I removed the entry from
12 make.conf and my update continues without error.
13
14 At the time I believe the problem was: 'the gentoo base system needed
15 the ruby19 USE_EXPAND but it was still awaiting approval. Work around
16 the problem by adding RUBY_TARGETS="ruby18 ruby19" to make.conf'
17
18 Thank you,
19
20 Chris