From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT- tv tuner cards
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 01:26:34
1 On 10/3/2006, "maxim wexler" <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >Hi group,
9 >Do these things work very well? What's a good one? Is
10
11 >it gentoo-friendly.
15 >I'll be using it with a Viewsonic 17" LCD with a
16
17 >digital connector and a ATI Radeon 256M vid card.
21 >I saw one work back in 2000 and thought the picture
22
23 >quality quite poor. Have they improved much since
24
25 >then?
29 >-Maxim
33 What is your TV source? Digital satellite? (DVB-S) Digital terrestial?
34
35 (DVB-T), analogue terrestial? Cable? What country are you in?
41 If you are after an analogue card I recommend a hauppauge PVR 150 or 250
42
43 or 350 or 500. The ivtv drivers can be flaky, but are improving all the
44
45 time. The cards have a hardware mpeg-2 encoder, meaning you can get
46
47 encoded video without using much cpu time.
51 Also most stuff based on the bt878 chipset will work via the bttv driver.
55 If it is DVB stuff you are afdter, look to the linuxtv.org website.
59 You'll also get a lot of help on the mythtv mailing lists.
62 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list