From: pat <pat@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] selecting boot(active?) partition
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 00:17:40
1 Hello,
2
3 I have real problem :-( On my laptop I have Gentoo and windows. At work I use
4 windows at home Gentoo. Now is the time to reinstall windows from the recovery
5 partition which is at end of the disk. I'm booting with GRUB which is in MBR.
6 So, in GRUB I have record for boot from recovery, but the recovery boot ends
7 with blue screen. I think the problem is that at the disk there are non
8 dos/wondows partitions and thus the recovery boot ends. And my problem is that
9 I'm not able to setup the recovery partition as bootable(active) and remove
10 all other partitions. I've used the fdisk, but it's not enough. Could someone
11 suggest a tool, which can help me to select bootable partition?
12
13 Thanks a lot !!!
14
15 Pat