From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-x11 screwup
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 20:49:33
1 On Sunday 02 July 2006 21:19, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > > tried another emerge --sync to see if that would fix the problem but no
3 > > joy.   So the question is, how do I force portage to down load and
4 > > recompile the packages from scratch?
5 >
6 > You could try `emerge -ep xorg-x11`.
7
8 I guess what I would do in your situation would be to just nuke everything in
9 the x11 categories:
10
11 # grep x11 /var/lib/portage/world
12 # cd /var/db/pkg && emerge -Cva x11*/*
13
14 The first gets a list of the x11 packages that you had in your world file. The
15 second removes all of it. Then I would emerge modular X.org again and make
16 sure not to overwrite it by emerging monolithic X.org.
19 Bo Andresen