From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] metalog replacement
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:34:40
1 Arnau Bria wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've been using metalog for a long time. I like its way of config where
5 > you can set diff dirs for each service in an easy way:
6 >
7 > Mail :
8 >
9 > facility = "mail"
10 > logdir = "/var/log/mail"
11 >
12 > But its syntax is not "standard":
13 >
14 > metalog:
15 > Nov 10 12:30:00 [postfix/smtpd]
16 >
17 > syslog-ng
18 > Nov 10 12:58:10 afrodita postfix/pipe[27313]
19 >
20 > and awstats does not read postfix logs correctly (neither pflogsumm.pl)
21 >
22 > So, two questions:
23 >
24 > 1.-) Does anyone know how to change metalog syntax? I asked it to
25 > metalog ML, two weeks ago, but I had no reply... Forums are
26 > unmaintened...
27 >
28 > 2.-) What other log service do u recommend?
29 >
30 > May I create diff dirs for each service with syslog-nd?
31 >
32 > Thanks in advance.
36 Yes, syslog-ng can separate logs. Perhaps, you may find useful this
37 short article:
40 http://ben.muppethouse.com/SYSLOG-DOC.html
43 Best regards,
44 Daniel