From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mounting a usb device
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:53:26
1 Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On 29 Jun 2009, at 12:48, dhk wrote:
4 >
5 >> I have a wireless hand held scanner that is temporary connected with a
6 >> usb cable. I would like to embed Gentoo on it, but I don't know the
7 >> mount. How can I find the device?
8 >>
9 >>> lsscsi # just shows the scsi hard drive.
10 >>> cat /proc/partitions # just shows the eide and scsi partitions.
11 >>> lsusb # This does recognize the device and give me the following
12 >> Bus 005 Device 004: ID 05e0:2000 Symbol Technologies
13 >>
14 >> What do I do at this point to communicate with the device?
15 >
16 > Are you sure the device should appear as a mass storage device? That
17 > appears to be what you're expecting, but I don't find that clear at all.
18 >
19 > Stroller.
23 No, I'm not sure how the device should appear. However, I thought it
24 should look like any other disk or usb stick since it currently has a
25 Microsoft CE on it, which I want to change to Gentoo.