From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub passwords - how do I limit OS selection?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 18:11:57
1 On 7/30/06, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman <buanzo@××××××××××.ar> wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Mark Knecht wrote:
6 > > NOTE: I currently do this be editing the grub file itself but I'm
7 > > looking for something more sophisticated since I'd like my wife to be
8 > > able to boot Windows but not my son.
9 >
10 > Have windows users, then. Let your son boot it, but not use it.
14 Arturo,
15 Hi. Thanks for the response. Not an acceptable strategy. My son is
16 a Windows user for playing games. I do not want him using Windows when
17 he chooses since the gaming gets in the way of school, as it should
18 for any healthy 14 year old boy. ;-)
19
20 What I really want is when the machine turns on he gets Linux
21 unless myself or my wife grants him access to Windows.
22
23 Thanks,
24 Mark
25 --