From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] distcc implementation failure
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 01:09:11
1 Well, I decided to try distcc once again and set up a few machine to do so.
2
3 I have set the -march directive on each machine to its own (and not
4 "native"), and set up the accesses. It seems to work on most packages.
5
6 However, I've found that there's some packages that just don't work:
7
8 -mysql/mariadb errors out "can't find synch.h"
9 -ffmpeg errors out "can't find windows.h"
10 -xbmc and mythtv both failed as well, but this may be because of the
11 above two errors.
12
13 These are repeatable errors and they occur on all three of my mythtv
14 frontends.
15
16 Now, I've disabled distcc on one machine completely and above packages
17 compile fine, so it must be something to do with distcc. So that's what
18 I'm doing for the time being.
19
20 However, this poses another question: is there a way to tell portage to
21 NOT use distcc for certain packages? Rather than manually disabling it.
22
23 Dan