From: "Håkon Alstadheim" <hakon@×××××××××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] emerge sys-apps/hwinfo-13.0 fails, missing function "dbus_connection_disconnect" in sys-apps/dbus-1.0.2
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:17:30
1 Emerge sys-apps/hwinfo-13.0 fails, missing function
2 "dbus_connection_disconnect" ( should be in sys-apps/dbus-1.0.2 ?)
3
4 I'm not really a C programmer but I tried replacing "disconnect" with
5 "close" in that one call from hal.c in hwinfo. That makes it compile ok,
6 but running it makes dbus complain that I'm not allowed to close a
7 shared connection.
8
9 The most logical explanation AFAICT is that this version of hwinfo
10 expects some other version of dbus. Anybody have any hints ?
11
12 Coming from SuSE I'm sort-of lost when I don't have hwinfo, I go there
13 all the time to double-check what drivers I should use for disks, X
14 (drm) and all manner of other things.
15
16 The obvious replacement for "hwinfo --cpu" is "cat /proc/cpuinfo", but
17 for the other stuff I feel like I'm stumbling in the dark...
18
19 --
20 Håkon Alstadheim tlf: 74 82 60 27 mob: 47 35 39 38
21 7510 Skatval
22 http://alstadheim.priv.no/hakon/
23
24 --